Monday, June 2, 2014

VENTURA HARBOR IV

VENTURA HARBOR IV

VENTURA HARBOR IV
12x12 oil on gessobord
Click here to purchase

Besides painting en plein air in Ventura I also took many photographs so that once I returned home to New Mexico I could continue to paint the boats, water, harbor, and buildings.  I got a very good sense of the setting, could smell the salt water and feel the humidity so missing here at home.

I love the color the paddle and surf boards, flags and canvas sail covers add to the scene.  Adjacent to the building, there are many umbrellas under which to enjoy a fish sandwich or a spicy Mexican meal.

If you haven't been to Ventura you would be missing something.  There are quaint shops, hotels, restaurants and even a weekly flea market.  Ventura is fairly quiet with not a lot of traffic, my kind of place.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the light, reflections, blues...warmth. I can hear the gulls, and smell the salt water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my number one contributor. We must meet someday! Yes?

    ReplyDelete

Awwwww thanks for writing to me. You know I love your messages!