Monday, March 31, 2014

VENTURA HARBOR III

PAINTING HARBORS AND BOATS

VENTURA HARBOR III
9x12 oil on canvas covered cradled board
Palette Knife Painting
Click here to purchase

After my very recent trip to Ventura, CA, I have completely fallen in love with

PAINTING BOATS AND HARBORS
A few years ago I spent a week in Maine at York Beach getting salt in my blood.
I can't stay away from the ocean at the moment,
 nor studying famous seascape artists,
 so I have decided to return to Maine again in July, this time for two weeks.
 Of course there will be time for sightseeing,
but my main purpose this time is more painting than vacationing.

To see many awesome painting in one place
click here to view my Pinterest board on Ships, Boats and Harbors.
Click here to view my board of Seascape Paintings on Pinterest.

6 comments:

  1. Another lovely capture here Carol. My dad used to have a boat and I have very fond memories of spending weekends one summer there. I loved to lay awake at night and listen to the water splash against the boat.

    Two weeks in Maine sounds just so heavenly!

    Thank you for all your kind comments on my art. I love reading what you have to say.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful to hear the water splashing on the side of the boat. I am worried about not wanting to come home, but then, there is the winter in Maine.

      Delete
  2. A fresh seascape! I especially love the reflections in the foreground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking I might need to darken the water in the mid-ground to give the painting more contrast. Do you agree it might help?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful boat painting--looks like you absolutely have a knack for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny Celeste. I am still trying to learn the shape of boats. Yesterday I painted an boat going out to sea; a Seascape actually. I have to learn to paint the ocean as well!

      Delete

Awwwww thanks for writing to me. You know I love your messages!