Friday, July 4, 2014

NO POSTS FROM FRANCE.....oh dear


LOVED THE FRENCH COUNTRYSIDE
so why no promised posts on my blog?

For the most part my Internet connection was very sporadic and attempts to post blogs failed mid-stream.  Additionally I was immersed totally in the area, the activities, and painting. I will share much more once I am no longer jet lagged and blogging now in the middle of the night.

TRAVEL NIGHTMARE
so stressful I arrived a wreck with no luggage and a full day late due to missing my international flight.  The upper midwest had thunderstorms and hail so no flights were coming in or going out of the Chicago Airport after I arrived there for my first plane change.  Seven hours of sitting in that airport gave me more than adequate time for my online travel agency to cancel completely my flights and rebook them.  (Thank goodness for travel insurance!)  Once I arrived in Toulouse it took four days for my suitcase with painting supplies to arrive and five days for the suitcase with clothes to make it.

FINDING JOY ANYWAY
DreamaTollePerry and her husband are wonderfully positive people and immediately the group began to see the French countryside and I began to do a bit of watercolor journaling. This I could do since those supplies were provided for workshop participants. I found watercolor journaling to be fun and light hearted.  

MUCH MORE SHARING AND BLOGGING TO COME









4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading all about it! ha ha Oh my Carol, that is a total nightmare! I sure do hope the rest of your trip made up for it. Be well and please... do tell. (When you get to it.) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sympathy Sheila. I have never had so many bad things happen on a very long travel trip. It was really, really awful. But after I got my supplies and clothes I settled in and made the rest of the trip really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to the next installment. I always find sketchbooks freeing. I bet you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many wonderful photographs at which I have been looking. I have not started a new painting since I returned home...so busy catching up and it is taking me hours and hours to gather documents and file a huge loss with my travel insurance company. Oh, what misery transportation issues can be.

    ReplyDelete

Awwwww thanks for writing to me. You know I love your messages!