Sunday, October 6, 2013

THE QUEEN'S BOULEVARD

The Queen's Boulevard
Little Gem
6x8 oil on canvas mounted

The Queen's Boulevard is finished.  I found out  how much attention I pay to negative space when painting.   I am beginning to realize that when a painting isn't working, much of the time it is because my negative space doesn't work.  

I named this painting "The Queen's Boulevard" because this very long row of azaleas (or could the flowers be rhododendrons?) actually line a street in Denmark leading to the Queen's summer residence.  And yes, the queen was at home while I studied her residence, grounds and watched the changing of the guards.

Click here to purchase on dailypaintworks.com

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting Carol..nice to know where it is too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks you Celeste. I could write a whole blog about the queen in Denmark. She is very accomplished: several degrees, works with hands on archaeology, writes books, paints, and more.

      Delete

Awwwww thanks for writing to me. You know I love your messages!