Tuesday, January 28, 2014

'FLOWER POPS", Day Twenty-Eight of Thirty Paintings in Thirty Day Challenge

"Flower Pops"
10x10, oil on museum quality board
Click here to purchase
 'FLOWER POPS"
10x10, unframed, oil on museum quality board

Color, color and more color.  The challenge of the thirty paintings continued my December commitment to paint from life for a while.

Somehow I got started on pastries and sweets and it has gotten to the point when I enter the donut shop, I see the workers turn to the side with a smirk.  I see it.  They think I don't.  I know what they think (oh yes, I do):   "Here's that crazy lady that is hooked on sweets but tells us she is painting these sugar laden treats.  And now I have to look through every one to pick out the PERFECT one."

OK…the 30 in 30 challenge is almost over.  They'll miss me at the shop, that is if I can stop going.  And you dear reader won't be getting a daily blog from me.  Will you miss me too?

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! Love your bold, juicy colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Color is why I felt like this was my best painting of the challenge. Thanks Laura.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. OMG…you are so funny. Now you are "newlypoor"! I'll paint creatively and you can write creatively. Cook too.

      Delete
  3. Yes Carol! I will miss seeing you every day! This painting is so lovely. So much energy! I love the little bit of color on the bottom right corner. Just sets everything off I think. As yummy as the pops are, the vase, the paper... and the background are all stunning. Love your palette and textures!

    ReplyDelete

Awwwww thanks for writing to me. You know I love your messages!