Saturday, January 25, 2014

"WINE GLASS IN BLUE", Day Twenty-five of the Thirty Paintings in Thirty Day Challenge

Wine Glass in Blue
8x6 oil on museum quality canvas
Click here to purchase
 "Wine Glass in Blue", unframed, 8x6, oil on museum quality board.

This was a fun painting; it reminded me of the Dutch Painter Vermeer as often he included a wine glass with his figures, though I am sure Vermeer had a devilish look in his eyes as the wine had a seductive purpose.   Well, I am no Vermeer so my work is 100% different.

This painting was done using both a palette knife and a brush.  I love the reflection in the glass as well as on the wall behind.

4 comments:

  1. BLUE-TEE-FUL! Great job on the reflections! I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I missed the wine as Marion points out. Still working on composition before the paints even come out!

      Delete
  2. Very effective Carol. Where's the wine?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dabnabbit….how could I have forgotten the wine? OK….I have to redo this.

      Delete

Awwwww thanks for writing to me. You know I love your messages!