Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Flower Shop I

"FLOWER SHOP I"

 oil on canvas covered board, 5x7, frame has a mahogany finish.

I love painting series, and I love painting flowers.  In the past my flowers were very often close up individual ones.  I still have a few of those available on my website at www.carolhopper.com.  

For several months I have been painting smaller, more affordable works of art and transitioning to more fields of flowers or in this case, flower markets.  While in Norway recently, I fell in love with the ubiquitous flower stalls and shops.
This painting is framed and ready to hang.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Carol! Always so much fun to walk through the garden section and see the new blooms. Is it spring yet??? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is just six weeks away Sheila. So for now, we think spring…and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. festive! It does look like springtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors, Carol. I also enjoy flower stalls or like Sheila, garden centers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how it is when you look a painting a few days later…now 2/8 and see mistakes. The composition needing correcting! I like it better now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The combination of shapes and sizes really work well together in this bouquet- lovely, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and colorful and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Awwwww thanks for writing to me. You know I love your messages!