Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Norwegian Painter, Sophus Jacobsen

This summer I had the most wonderful opportunity to be in Norway and to see a few original pieces of art by Sophus Jacobsen.  His winter scenes brought me to tears with their beauty.  Norway in winter is pretty dark as you can imagine and I found that Jacobsen captured that limited light perfectly.  The city of Oslo is on the same latitude as Anchorage, Alaska.            
 
 
 
 I will be returning to Norway over the Christmas holidays for skiing with my grandson.  This will also give me an opportunity to see more of Jacobsen's art.  Can anyone advise me on a great place to ski in Norway and activities a teenager might enjoy?                                                    

 Oil Painting by Sophus Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwwww thanks for writing to me. You know I love your messages!