Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day Fifteen: Alemada Wetland II SOLD

Alemeda Wetland II
Little Gem
6x8 oil on canvas mounted
To see into this wetland, one must go into a "duck blind" so no wildlife is disturbed.  Besides ducks, geese, and cranes that winter in Albuquerque, there are mammals in this wetland.  There are two Canada Geese enjoying the wetland on this day, though no other geese have yet arrived from the north (September).

I really loved painting the two wetland scenes and sharing them as I know most people have no idea the desert southwest has this...and right in my city of Albuquerque.

It has been raining cats and dogs in Albuquerque for several days now.  I am so grateful I got photos of the flowering desert plants as I expect, when I can next get on my bike, that the blossoms have all been knocked off.  Maybe not; desert plants are a hardy lot!

To purchase or bid on this painting, click here.


6 comments:

  1. Raining cats and dogs? A wetland in New Mexico? I do remember a rainy season in Southwest. A beautiful and restful painting! I love the textures and color harmony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two wetlands in the city are actually man made by channeling water from the very near Rio Grande. Albuquerque and New Mexico have been very careful about protecting the area around the river. The entire area is State Park; no structures are allowed anywhere. This then provides outstanding habitat of our native birds and mammals. Someday in my blog (after the thirty day challenge) I will share a little more information about our bosque area.

      Delete
  2. super lovely paintings! A scroll through your blog is a real treat. Lovely sensitivity and brushwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy we have connected in mutual appreciation of one another's art. I suspect we will meet someday at a workshop!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I wish So. Cal. could get a few drops of that rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The west has really suffered with drought, hasn't it??? We must both be happy we are not getting Colorado's torrential rains. Here in NM, even with these last few days of rain, our biggest reservoir (Elephant Butte Lake) in southern NM remains nearly empty. I drove past that reservoir in July and the view of it is very ugly indeed.

      Delete

Awwwww thanks for writing to me. You know I love your messages!