Thursday, September 5, 2013

DESERT PLANTS IN BLOOM I, Day five of thirty day challenge

Desert Plant in Bloom I
6x8 Little Gem
Oil on canvas, mounted
I love to ride my bike as I live near the Rio Grande River along which there is a wonderful bike trail.  I leave very early in the morning to get my exercise out of the way for the day so I can paint daily for the thirty day challenge.  Being out there so early, I see morning sun on the native desert plants with beautiful shadows.  

The beautiful native plants grow along side the levee bike trail.

Available for auction at the link under the photograph.



Taking my own photo with my iPhone

Hard to tell but the trail is a levee as well

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,
    I wish I could paint like you..
    Taking a subject so simple and transforming it with interesting brush strokes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Niharika: Painting everyday certainly has sped up my progress. Almost exclusively I use a palette knife with which to paint. I don't worry so much about muddy colors and I can't get in any details. I appreciate your comment. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully sensitive! Something most people would walk by, never noticing its beauty. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until I started painting I didn't see the beauty in the "weeds". Some of those plants look so scraggly due to lack of water in the desert. But that unique beauty is what makes them tolerant to drought. Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete

Awwwww thanks for writing to me. You know I love your messages!